locked Re: Special Announcement override #suggestion

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 03:50 PM, Dan Tucker wrote:
I have at least one member in my group who is THAT way. He adamantly does not want ANY contact from the group.
If you have a problem with that member's non-participation (whatever that means to you), it's your choice to remove him. You can have any number of group guidelines that disallow the specific behavior you don't like. My group specifically has a guideline to the effect that "discussion of your cat's health is a two-way street" yada yada. But I have never enforced it. I don't feel it makes sense to try to force people to respond to anything. You never know what they're going through personally and why they're not responding, especially, in my group's case, with a sick cat.

And with that, I will exit this conversation.