locked Re: Special Announcement override #suggestion

I have at least one member in my group who is THAT way. He adamantly does not want ANY contact from the group.
It is my opinion that if someone has that big an issue with ‘hearing from’ the group or members, they should not be part of it.
With membership comes a certain degree of responsibility and partnership.
It’s just not right IMHO.

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 14:44 J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 03:39 PM, Christos Psarras wrote:
it's the same exact thing as an admin selecting the NoMail users and sending those folks a message.
Which, again, is violating the contract. I might leave a group that let me choose no-email and then violated that. It's like you unsub from a mailing list and then get their blast emails anyway. A personal email might be a different story, sent just to that individual. But the proposed feature is to specifically allow violation of a member's no-email choice and send a blast email to everyone, "overriding" the no-email.