locked Re: Special Announcement override #suggestion

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 03:39 PM, Christos Psarras wrote:
it's the same exact thing as an admin selecting the NoMail users and sending those folks a message.
Which, again, is violating the contract. I might leave a group that let me choose no-email and then violated that. It's like you unsub from a mailing list and then get their blast emails anyway. A personal email might be a different story, sent just to that individual. But the proposed feature is to specifically allow violation of a member's no-email choice and send a blast email to everyone, "overriding" the no-email.