locked Re: Special Announcement override #suggestion

So you believe that it’s okay to have someone sit in your ‘town meeting’ with the option to input without any opportunity for you to engage with response? They can offer their comments but refuse to respectfully hear rebuttals?

It feels too much like a spy lurking in the shadows to me. I’m not partial to clandestine operations.

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 14:26 J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 03:13 PM, Dan Tucker wrote:
if you don’t want to see our mail, there’s no point in being (not really being a) part of us.
Although I personally have set my group to disable no-email so that I can reliably send special notices, I totally disagree with that as well. Email is not the sina qua non of groups. Many, many people access their groups solely via the web. In no way are those people "not reallly being part of" the group.