locked Re: Special Announcement override #suggestion

Inre the ‘no mail’ option, I sort of resent that it’s even there.
IMHO, a conversation is a TWO-WAY exchange. Having a ‘no mail’ option sets up a situation that is wholly one-sided. If someone wants to be part of a group, they should be (required to be) part of the group. IOW, if you don’t want to see our mail, there’s no point in being (not really being a) part of us.

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 14:06 J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I think that violates a member's choice to be no-email. If you're going to do that, I think you need to be up-front and set the group to disable no-email. Otherwise, as a member of the group, I'm tell you, the owner, that I want no email, and you agree to that contract, and then you send me an email anyway.