locked Re: Special Announcement override #suggestion

Hank,

Request/question: Can the list be set up so that Special Announcements
override any members that are not receiving individual email?
No.

That is exactly the difference between the "No Email" and "Special Notices Only" choices in the Email Delivery panel of each member's Subscription page.

One of our members that was upset by the tone and language of the
other members message that they went on NOMAIL and, consequently did
not see the explantion of how we, moderators, were dealing with the
problem.
You can check the "Disable No Email" box in the Message Policies panel of your group's Settings page.

Or you can try member education: ask that they reserve No Email for vacations or other special situations when they don't want any group messages, not even those marked Special Notice.

Shal