moderated Re: Member Notice creation #suggestion

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 6:53 AM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
Mark -- We had a user in GMF get confused when he repeatedly attempted to save a member notice of type Direct Add but it never appeared in the list of notices. As it turned out, he had failed to type anything into the editor, and that's why the notice was discarded. Although I like this behavior, it is [apparently] less than intuitive.

While investigating this, I was surprised to also discover that I can create a Member Notice with the same Name and Type as an existing one, or with no name at all. This is disconcerting when you subsequently attempt to select one to send.

Now, when you attempt to add or update a member notice, you'll get an error message if either the Name or the Message are blank.

I did not make it a requirement that the name be unique because there are already several existing member notices in the system that have the same name/group pair, and it's not clear to me what the best way to address that would be.