moderated Re: edit of a message tagged "private" does not go to members who are following-only #bug

Mark,

Please delete this bug report. You were right: I had not set the test member to First Message Also. I noticed only that they didn’t receive the edit; I hadn’t checked to notice that (of course) they didn’t get the original, either.:-) Once I set them to FMA, it worked fine.

Thanks!

On Jul 20, 2021, at 4:10 PM, J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Mark,
No, there’s no subsequent message. Just the edit. It seems reproducible but I can test it again and send you details.
Thanks.

On Jul 20, 2021, at 4:01 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

J,

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 10:20 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
If you edit, and send the edit, on a message tagged with a hashtag set to "reply only to sender," the edit does correctly get sent to members sent to Individual Messages. However, it does not reach them if they are also set to Following Only. Apparently the edit is thought of as a reply to the thread, and therefore not received by a member not following the thread.

Could this be what happened?

- A message starting a new topic is sent out
- A reply is sent to that message
- You then edit the first message and send it out
- That edit is not received by people who have FO with First Message Also set?

I could see how that would happen. If that's not the case, please forward to me off-list as many details as possible.