moderated Re: Annoying text replacement in search fields #bug

Mark,

A bit more clarification on this for messages, I did some further testing.  The part of clearing the search text and not sticking seems to work fine but there is a bit of quirkiness, in both Topics and Messages view:

A: If one starts at the Topics view, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topics

and searches for spam, things look ok, you get back 842 results
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/search?p=recentpostdate%25252Fsticky%2C%2Cspam%2C50%2C2%2C0%2C0&q=spam

If one clears the search text and enter/clicks, the search box clears, albeit the search text still shows in the URL's 3rd parameter (I guess p3 is for page nav when the search box is populated?):
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/search?p=recentpostdate%25252Fsticky%2C%2Cspam%2C50%2C2%2C0%2C0&q=

The screen kinda reverts to Message view though, I thought it would go back to Topics view, but in any case, if one searches for something else now, like savvy, 96 messages are returned, and the URL changes to
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/search?p=Created%2C%2C%2C50%2C2%2C0%2C0&q=savvy , with p1=recentpostdate changing to Created and p2=sticky going away.

If one now clears that search text, the URL resets to https://beta.groups.io/g/main/search?p=Created%2C%2Csavvy%2C50%2C2%2C0%2C0&q= and all messages are returned as expected.

B: If one starts at the Messages view, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/messages

and searches for spam, the same 842 results are returned but in 842 pages, one at a page as Bruce's screenshot shows.  The URL is
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/search?p=created%2C0%2C%2C1%2C2%2C0%2C0&q=spam

If the search text is cleared, all the messages are returned as expected, but now still only one displayed at a page (and hitting the 10K limit it seems), and again with p3 still showing the search text
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/search?p=created%2C0%2Cspam%2C1%2C2%2C0%2C0&q=

Searching for savvy now returns the 96 messages, again one at a page.

Interestingly, if one uses the <> nav buttons in either case, the URL resets to using commas instead of the hex values, and p3 goes away, unless q has a value in which case p3 stays but q goes away).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Christos