moderated edit of a message tagged "private" does not go to members who are following-only #bug

If you edit, and send the edit, on a message tagged with a hashtag set to "reply only to sender," the edit does correctly get sent to members sent to Individual Messages. However, it does not reach them if they are also set to Following Only. Apparently the edit is thought of as a reply to the thread, and therefore not received by a member not following the thread.

This morning I needed to send an important correction to a message and realized only later that it's not being received by any FO members. The only way around this I can imagine is to create a completely separate (and preferably locked) topic containing the correction.