moderated Re: #suggestion Let sender or moderator know that a message has been flagged as spam #suggestion

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 09:22 AM, Andy wrote:
Spammers likely don't care 'who' the person is on the other end.  If someone receives their spam, then they succeeded and they know that address works.  It's not likely that a human ever looks at the reply, to know who or what sent it.
Maybe I'm missing the point again, but to me that's an argument *in favor of* responding. If it's a spammer and they won't look at it anyway, then nothing is lost by responding. But if it's actually not a spammer, they will have the useful information.