moderated Re: #suggestion Let sender or moderator know that a message has been flagged as spam #suggestion

Andy

Just my opinion here ---

A 'bounce' message to the sender is not a good idea when spam was detected.  Replying to spam confirms to the sender that you exist and maybe saw their message.

I think the question is whether to send an alert to the Moderators.  Apparently, Mark Fletcher thought that he didn't want to bother Moderators about either spam or non-member posts (in groups that don't allow them), and if the number of either is great, it would be a real headache for them.  One of my groups gets lots of non-member posts (not flagged as spam even though they are, by definition), and I am glad they don't land in my inbox.

I think Marc wants it to be configurable.

Andy