moderated Re: #suggestion Let sender or moderator know that a message has been flagged as spam #suggestion

Marc wrote:

As long as spam filters are not perfect, I think there should be a
notification sent either to the sender or to the moderator, or both,
that the message has been rejected.
Elaborating on that, in the discussion on GMF I expressed surprise that such messages weren't being rejected during the delivery transaction, as "rejected" was the word used in the Activity Log entry and the April 3rd site update (for March 30):
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/28940

If these cases are being accepted and then dropped later then I agree with Marc that the sender should receive a bounce notice to that effect. With most sending services you can authenticate the sending address to prevent backscatter, reserve the black hole for the unauthenticated cases.
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/83826924#38680

Shal