moderated sluggish groups.io processes, especially editing pending message #misc

I've noticed recently that some groups.io processes are sluggish. It's not my computer (new computer is lightening fast) or my connection (all other sites load without delay). Things seem slightly sluggish here in general lately, but one process that stands out in particular, and is fairly (or completely) consistent, is editing a pending message. I'm often sitting there drumming on the table while the little wheel spins and spins until the edit screen finally comes up. I think this has been happening for about the past month. Other processes sometimes seem delayed as well, but I can't point to a pattern except for that one.