moderated Notification inconsistencies when a member joins a subgroup #bug

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

a bug I think, and inconsistencies at least.

If I Direct Add a member of my main group to a subgroup (via the subgroup Admin > Direct Add page) then:

- the member receives the boilerplate Groups.io 'You have been added' message
- the member receives the subgroup Welcome (Member Notice) message
- the member receives an ICS file with the list of calendar events for the subgroup
- My owner & moderator accounts for the subgroup both receive an email notification to say a new subscriber has joined

All good and as expected.

However, if I add a member to the subgroup via the main group Admin > Subgroups page then:

- the member receives the boilerplate Groups.io 'You have been added' message
- the member receives the subgroup Welcome (Member Notice) message
- the member receives an ICS file with the list of calendar events for the subgroup
- My owner & moderator accounts for the subgroup DO NOT receive an email notification to say a new subscriber has joined

And if I add a member to the subgroup via the members record in the main group and use the Subgroups > Subscribe to Subgroups button then:

- the member receives the boilerplate Groups.io 'You have been added' message
- the member DOES NOT receive the subgroup Welcome (Member Notice) message
- the member DOES NOT receive an ICS file with the list of calendar events for the subgroup
- My owner & moderator accounts for the subgroup DO NOT receive an email notification to say a new subscriber has joined

Regards
Andy