moderated Re: CSS tags and HTML attributes stripped from elements but only online? #bug

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 10:08 AM Jim Wilson via groups.io <groupsio=texnetsys.com@groups.io> wrote:

Per a question posted on GMF, table (and I assume other) elements style tags and even old HTML element attributes are being stripped out completely but only when viewing online. I first thought it was the browser, however emails of individual test posts received via Outlook displayed correctly. Also, emails received via Gmail and viewed in Chrome displayed correctly, as well.

Is this a bug or is purposely done by the rendering engine for the web site?

This is on-purpose, to defang potentially mischievous emails. If there's a specific tag that you'd like whitelisted, we may be able to do so.