moderated Re: Stop adding images from cal-summary messages to the Emailed Photos album #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 08:15 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
our calendar events frequently feature pictures in the event description and I have found that our weekly #cal-summary messages are creating duplicate images in the Emailed Photos album. Can I suggest that we don't do that please?
Andy -- I'm not yet clear on what the proposal is or what its impact might be.

My understanding is that Emailed Photos is merely an index of photo attachments...another way to "get at" these photos. It's also my understanding that the #cal-summary messages are stored in the message archive, like any other message. Please correct me if I'm wrong with either of these premises.

Questions:
  • Is it prudent to create a discrepancy between what arrives in your email inbox and what appears in the archive?
  • Would it make more sense to just strip all images from the #cal-summary before sending?
  • If the images aren't stripped, yet don't appear in Emailed Photos, won't that make it harder to delete them later?
  • Maybe something like this should be done for every system-generated message. Is there something special about #cal-summary that makes it an exception?
Regards,
Bruce