moderated Re: #suggestion Please rewrite email coming from jdpw.com domain #suggestion

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 6:55 AM Alastair France via groups.io <afrance=jdpw.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thank you Mark, and I can confirm that the change has worked.

It would be worth knowing (I did try looking for information) that this would have been automatic with a different DMARC setting, but there is an element of "cart before the horse" here. I introduced DMARC and wanted to see where there would be any problems if I did turn on a different disposition (which seems a thoroughly sensible thing to do). By FAR the worst "offender" in terms of reports coming back was groups.io (which is not necessarily surprising considering messages get "broadcast" somewhat).

Some time back I had proposed a change to how Groups.io handles DMARC p=none. Currently (and then), we treat that the same as no DMARC record, and we do no re-writing of From lines. I proposed treating p=none the same as p=quarantine/restricted, in that it'd trigger the automatic From re-writing. I got a lot of pushback on that, so I didn't make theĀ change. But I get one or two inquiries a week from people going through the same process you did. Treating p=none the same as the others would fix that.

MarkĀ