moderated Re: Strip out more common email sigs #suggestion

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 20:46:56 +0100, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

As for the Avast ads, I agree that they're super annoying. Unfortunately, they're tricky to catch because the company is always changing the text/links. So it's difficult to write code to find all of them.

I didn't think it would be easy Mark - especially for AV software in general rather than just Avast.

Still, if you ever think of a way to do it, please do.

For AVG Free users it can be done manually.
Open AVG and go to Menu > Settings
Under "Basic protection" - "Email Shield", UNcheck "Add a signature to the end of sent emails."

Someone please correct this if you find it doesn't work.

Dano