moderated "Last successful delivery" link goes to topic, not message, if member chooses to follow a topic #bug

When someone changes to Following Only and then choose to follow some topic, their "Most Recent Successful Delivery" in their email delivery history goes to the first message in that topic rather than the last one. In other words, the link is to the topic as a whole, not actually to the last message they received. My understanding is that the last successful delivery is supposed to rever to a message. So this seems like a bug (either in the sense that it goes to the topic, or that it's going to the wrong message).