moderated #suggestion Please rewrite email coming from jdpw.com domain #suggestion

Alastair France

Hi - I have two problems relating to mail delivery from groups.io to this domain - one being that the DMARC policy applying to this domain expects messages to be signed with the domain key, and messages that are coming from users here which are showing as coming from (for example) afrance@... are instead signed by groups.io; the second being that messages coming in to the domain from users within the domain are not authenticating so get bounced (this is because the mail server expects internal users to authenticate before they are permitted to send mail to prevent open relay issues). These could both be fixed by groups.io rewriting messages originating from here. I did raise a ticket for this some time ago, but there was no response and it was suggested that I raise it here.

So - in the spirit of a proper suggestion - as well as "please change this for my domain" - how about providing some sort of mechanism for mail domain administrators to request this - a suitable mechanism for catching this would be to include an email to "postmaster@..." - as having this available and accessible is a basic requirement for managing a domain.

Alastair France