locked Re: Invite flow

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Frances <travel@...> wrote:

When I just checked the status of an invitation, in Outstanding Invitations, I saw one with the status of accepted and one with the status of Sent. That's okay. But the reason for both is Success.

What function does the Reason column have? What else could be there other than Success? There already is a Status column.

Status can be Sending/Sent/Deferred/Accepted/Failed. Really, Reason only applies to Deferred and Failed, which means that we either had a temporary problem emailing the invite, or had a permanent problem emailing the invite. The problem will be displayed in the Reason column, and is the response we've gotten from the invitee's email server. Most often, you'll get a Failed because the email address you tried to invite does not exist. Different email services have different responses for when that happens, but they'll be displayed under Reason.

It can get a bit technical, but I know that it can be frustrating when invites don't go out and you don't know why, and I wanted to provide all the information that we have.

Perhaps I need to reformat that page. For most of the time, Reason will be Success, which I admit doesn't make a lot of sense.