moderated Re: Two activity log records created when a pending message is viewed before approval #bug

Duane

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 05:43 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
If I select the checkbox next to a pending message and approve it, I get one activity log message saying I approved the message. However if I view (not edit) the message first and then approve it, I get a message saying I claimed it and then another saying I approved it.
I had a chance to use this just now.  I feel it's a matter of placement of the claim function in the processing.  If I'm reading a message to make a decision, there's no need for a 'claim' if approved, only if I select the Reject button.  It's useful there because it can take a minute or two to create the reason for rejection, especially if there's not a canned notice, and another mod could happen to access the message during that time.  I don't see that it creates a problem as is, just an extra entry in the log that's not needed.