moderated Re: Two activity log records created when a pending message is viewed before approval #bug

Andy Wedge

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 11:48 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I think it makes sense to mark it as claimed once you so much as open it, so other mods know that you may be working on it and don’t try to do that concurrently.
If I open it for edit then I agree and this is what happened previously. It was marked as claimed but the 'claim' wasn't recorded in the Activity Log.  I can view a pending message by clicking on the subject and then use Skip or Cancel and that doesn't mark it as claimed (in the same way that viewing a pending subscription request does not mark in as claimed). Marking something as claimed is only useful if there is a delay between the 'claim' and the approval/rejection so that another Mod knows you are dealing with it.  What's happening here is that the claim and approval are being logged at the same time so there's no chance that another Mod would even see that in the millisecond or so that it exists before approval.

Andy