moderated Re: Beta Group Guidelines #meta

KWKloeber

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 11:09 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
You can just do [xyz inconvenient workaround].
Toward cutting off such replies before they occur, it might be helpful if the original #suggester was as complete as humanly possible in the original po,t  i.e., *I realize we can work around this by... but the downside is....* or whatever.  There's no way to know if the #suggester is even aware there's a workaround, so oftentimes we ass/u/me s/he doesn't know. -- #suggesters,  put yourself in your recipients' shoes.

It may also be helpful to succinctly explain why a #suggestion is made.  Just posting *I #suggest xyz* gives MF no clue as to the utility of doing that, or what the problem is leaving it where is it.  *Here's why #suggestion would be better ....* gives everyone involved more information.
We might think we shouldn't need to explain our "whys and wherefores" but in the long game it can make life easier.  We aren't making suggestions to only MF (otherwise this group isn't needed -- it could be via email,) we're doing it for discussion.  i.e., if we don't need *some point* discussed then it's critical to provide enough information to demonstrate that *the point* doesn't NEED to be discussed - i.e., that the #suggester has already considered it.

just 0.02, unsure how to succinct it into a guideline.