locked Re: announce on topic lock #suggestion

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 06:41 AM, Lynne wrote:
hard time understanding why the proposed suggestion is better than the tools we already have
It's not necessary to understand why. If something gets suggested here, Mark has stated many times not to argue against it. It's his decision. And if it gets implemented and you don't need it, don't use it. It's pretty clear that one way or the other - whether it's per group or per topic - it's going to be optional. So nothing to stress out abouit or argue against. But for argument's sake, several people here, including me have mentioned that moderating, announcing, and then locking is inconvenient.