locked Re: announce on topic lock #suggestion

It needs to be a post to the group. Most people have their notifications off, especially the people most likely to use email, which is where the problem lies.

On May 25, 2021, at 5:25 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

I'm still not clear on whether this would be implemented as a member notification or an actual post to the group. The former may be more desirable so that individual members can opt out of receiving them.

There are a number of group and hashtag settings that automatically lock topics. Generating a proliferation of notifications/messages due to this could be undesirable. Anything sent should be in response to the manual locking of a topic by a Moderator. For this reason a checkbox option in some kind of new Lock Topic dialog makes sense to me.

I'll let others hash out any further details of this feature.

Regards,
Bruce