locked Re: announce on topic lock #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

On 05/24/2021 15:22, Andy Wedge wrote:
On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 11:00 PM, Andy wrote:
I think it is more correct to say that everyone who is passionate about this idea thinks it is a good one.

Personally, I don't see a good reason for this.
I don't see a good reason for this either and the last thing I want is unnecessary messages going to members just to tell them that a topic is locked.  I would object to any automatic sending of messages for this purpose and if there's an option when locking a topic, I certainly wouldn't use it and would not want it set by default.

Andy

Then don't turn this option on. Just because it doesn't match your particular preferences or use cases doesn't invalidate the preferences and use cases of others.

Best,

Glenn

--
#calcare