locked Re: announce on topic lock #suggestion

Donald Hellen

On Mon, 24 May 2021 11:21:12 -0700, "J_Catlady"
<j.olivia.catlady@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't care about the additional confirmation and think it just slows things down. We don't have it now and we don't really need it. You could simply add the "notify members" box. No group setting or option.
I don't see a need for confirmation since the moderator is taking
deliberate action to lock the topic and if the option exists to notify
the group and the mod wants to do that, it would also be taking
deliberate action to do that.

Adding confirmations just adds to the complexity of the operation. If
you don't want to lock the topic, don't start the process. If you
don't want to announce the locking, don't tick the box or click the
button (or whatever would be there to enable that option).

If you made a mistake in locking the topic, it can be undone. If you
did so and announced it, then had second thoughts, you could undo it
and send another announcement.

Donald