locked Re: announce on topic lock #suggestion

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 08:39 AM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
I'm more meh about optional per topic
Do you ever lock very old topics, or is your group set to do that automatically? If you do that by hand, think about whether you really want everybody to receive an email for the locking of some very old topic. Also, I will sometimes lock a topic, then unlock it to post something in it, then lock it again. (This would be unnecessary if mods were allowed to post to locked topics, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.) In that case, if you ever do that (or if mods of other groups ever do that), is it really desirable to have the multiple locking-announcement emails sent to everyone? I think not. I would not use the feature unless it's made optional per topic, so for me, it would be useless otherwise.