locked announce on topic lock #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

I would like to suggest that there be a  way to have GIO automatically send a message to the group when the topic is locked.

What I would like is a simple note to the group saying thread <subject line> is now locked or something like that.

The use case is that we locked a thread that was getting contentious and someone had composed a long and thoughtful response only to find their effort had been wasted. If they had known of the lock a priori, they wouldn't have invested the time in the response.

Best,

Glenn