moderated Re: Quoting Message Posts in Replies #suggestion

Chris Jones

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 05:28 PM, Donald Hellen wrote:
I'm in favor of this second option but not the one that automatically
quotes messages.
From my perspective I'm not happy about either; it is a case of be careful what you wish for, just in case you get it.

"Overquoting" is a perpetual problem, with (on occasions) a new message being accompanied by goodness knows how many previous posts, each of which includes the post(s) that preceded it.

Far better to educate & encourage group members in the art of selective quoting so that only sufficient prior material to provide essential context for a reply is included.

Why implement a system that (as described) would almost certainly result in overquoting?

Chris