moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

John Russell

Hi Mark,

I was having problems with the emailed photos setting (Admin -> Settings -> Message Policies -> Max Photo Size in Email). After changing it from 1024 x 1024 to "No-resizing", it was still resizing to 1024 on the longest size. See this discussion on GMF :-

https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/posted_image_size/82832557

Bruce suggested I change the setting back to 1024 x 1024 and save the setting then change it to "No resizing" and save it again. I did this and it worked. Now I don't know why you have to do this twice to get it to stick, but Bruce has reported other issues like this (I do not know which ones).

Could your change as reported below have had any effect on this setting and I just changed it at a bad time, while your were changing code in the background? I assume you were talking about images embedded or attached when composing a reply online. My issue was with emailed attachments, so I think this is a separate issue, but it is quite close by and I do not know how your code is organised.

Why do you need to make the changes to "Max Photo Size in Email" twice for it to take effect? I can forward to Support the test emails to show what happened, but you should be able to see some of this from the Activity log for SREmG.

Regards
John Russell

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 03:37 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: When composing a message on the website, inline images will always be resized to be <=640. Previously, if the Max Emailed Photo Size was unlimited, inlined images were not resized. Attached images and inlined images in emailed photos will continue to have the previous behavior of being resized to <640 if the Max Emailed Photo Size was set and was larger than 640.