moderated Re: Pricing and image attachments #suggestion #misc

Duane

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 11:31 AM, Skip Montanaro wrote:
  • Am I right in calculating the yearly cost of a 4000-member group as ($20 + $0.04 * 3500) * 12 == $1920/year (minimum)? (A concrete example in the pricing docs would be helpful.)
Yes, that would be correct if paid monthly ($1760 paid annually.)

  • If I send an email with an image inserted by URL using a system which supports it, is the image referenced by URL in the group archives or does your system load the image into the particular group's storage?
If it's a URL, it's loaded from that location.  If it's inline or attached, it's 'local'.  Remote images don't use any of the group's storage limit.

FYI, there's a huge amount of information in the Owners Manual (and Members Manual) that can answer a lot of questions.  It's also good manners to ask questions like this on GMF or Group_Help.  The beta group is intended for #bugs or #suggestions as noted on the Home page and in the Charter (sticky) message.