moderated Pricing and image attachments #suggestion #misc

Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro@...>

I've joined GIO as an individual just to check it out. I help with a couple large Google Groups (about 3500 & 4000 members each) and have a couple questions.
  1. Am I right in calculating the yearly cost of a 4000-member group as ($20 + $0.04 * 3500) * 12 == $1920/year (minimum)? (A concrete example in the pricing docs would be helpful.)
  2. If I send an email with an image inserted by URL using a system which supports it, is the image referenced by URL in the group archives or does your system load the image into the particular group's storage? I can see pros and cons to both ways of doing this. See below for such an example.

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro