locked Re: Message threads versus topics

Mark,

Is there much demand for a view like this?

I feel somewhat vindicated. Facebook has added one more layer of hierarchy. So now they have:

Post
    Comment

Which probably addresses the majority use cases of people replying to each others comments, without introducing the presentation problems of dealing with an indefinite number of levels. However, Facebook apparently treats all email replies as Comments on the original post, which is a cop-out I'd rather not duplicate at Groups.io.

By the way, I feel vindicated not because I like Facebook that well, but because it has often been the example thrown at me for why hierarchical message presentation isn't needed.

-- Shal