moderated Re: "member message" urgently needs logging #suggestion #fixed

Proof of sending is all I’m asking for. “Sent member message to xyz.” As simple as logging a group message, and possibly even more important due to the sensitive nature of these messages, the group rule (at least in my group) that they must be responded to, etc.

I don’t believe group members tend to lie about not having received a message. And the email delivery history can be of some help (if there have not been a lot of group messages in between or if the member is not set to Individual Messages).

I am just astounded that a request as simple, and as obviously useful, as this is getting such blowback. SMH.

On May 11, 2021, at 8:21 AM, Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 03:51 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I have no way of knowing whether this was my fault (didn’t hit “send”?) or the system’s.

Logging at *mimimum* the sending of these messages, if not their content as well (which would be preferable), is crucial.
Again I find myself having some sympathy for this request while at the same time realising that even if implemented it would provide no evidence whatsoever that the member concerned had received or read it.

Even if the message had been received and understood the member could still deny all knowledge of it and there would be nothing an owner or moderator could do to prove otherwise.

Proof of sending would not be proof of delivery.

Chris