moderated Re: "member message" urgently needs logging #suggestion #fixed

Chris Jones

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 03:51 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I have no way of knowing whether this was my fault (didn’t hit “send”?) or the system’s.

Logging at *mimimum* the sending of these messages, if not their content as well (which would be preferable), is crucial.
Again I find myself having some sympathy for this request while at the same time realising that even if implemented it would provide no evidence whatsoever that the member concerned had received or read it.

Even if the message had been received and understood the member could still deny all knowledge of it and there would be nothing an owner or moderator could do to prove otherwise.

Proof of sending would not be proof of delivery.

Chris