moderated Re: Option to expire message editing capability after a short time #suggestion

Mike Hanauer

I have never allowed editing. I think it is, in general, a bad idea.

It changes history rather than amending it (via replys to correct) and leaving a trail, and produces different messages via email and those who later look at the web site. Also, immediate emails are often important in groups I moderate.

Like it is is how I like it.

Consider Better, not Bigger. So many advantages. Just ask. USA adds a Chicago to our overpop each year.
"Still more population growth is not our way to a healthy community, a healthy planet, OR enjoyable cycling."

    ~Mike

On Sunday, April 25, 2021, 04:52:53 PM EDT, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 01:49 PM, Duane wrote:
It wouldn't do anything for those using email.
It's true that it would be most useful for web posts. But it would certainly be possible to do via email as well, if truly desired (which, granted, it probably is not).