moderated Re: Option to expire message editing capability after a short time #suggestion

 I was anticipating this kind of tsk, tsk response. It is very different reviewing a posted draft from an unposted one, for a number of reasons. Many sites provide this feature. In groups.io, one reason you may not have thought of is the ability to strip things like HTML. If I post a message with some parts quoted from elsewhere, with differing text fonts, etc, for example, I want to see how it will look in posted form.

So please spare us the lecture about self-discipline.

On Apr 25, 2021, at 12:38 PM, Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 06:58 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
And here's a third idea, which I like most of all: allow members to "preview" their posts, <snip> This gives people a chance to read their message in full and do any editing necessary,
I would hope that people read their posts before sending as a matter of routine. OK; it can be easy to overlook a spelling mistake but reviewing what has been written is almost invariably time well spent. There is nothing stopping members from doing that now!

I suppose it all boils down to members being self - disciplined, which shouldn't be too much to expect.

On second thoughts perhaps it is too much... :(

Chris