moderated Re: Option to expire message editing capability after a short time #suggestion

Dave Sergeant

I find it particularly annoying when I come in in a morning and find
several emails from the same person and they all turn out to be edits
of the same message. With the way my email program sorts them I always
read the initial (unedited) one first...

I have disabled edits on the groups I moderate and nobody has
complained. But most groups seem to leave things at the default editing
allowed.

Dave

On 25 Apr 2021 at 9:16, Paul Kanevsky wrote:

Members making multiple edits to their messages generate a lot of email
traffic, often with repeated, very slightly altered content. Despite
many discussions on this subject, members continue to edit and re-edit
their posts.

http://davesergeant.com