moderated Re: Option to expire message editing capability after a short time #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 12:45 PM, Paul Kanevsky wrote:
One idea is to allow editing of a message only for a short time after it's first posted, say for 5 minutes.
Paul -- Please help me understand this. As I read it, messages would immediately post to the online message archive (so they can be edited), but not be sent out as emails until the selected editing interval has expired (so as to avoid all the dupes). Right?

Somewhat concerned here about how might this interact with existing moderation/hashtag functions, and also the delivery of digests.

After 5 minutes, the Edit Message menu would disappear or be disabled.
Wouldn't this require a browser refresh (on the client side)? I could see this being problematic if someone clicks what appears to be an active edit link and it "doesn't work."

Kinda like the idea in principle...the devil is in the details.

Regards,
Bruce