moderated Re: Option to expire message editing capability after a short time #suggestion

Andy

Paul wrote, "Members making multiple edits to their messages generate a lot of email traffic, often with repeated, very slightly altered content. Despite many discussions on this subject, members continue to edit and re-edit their posts."

That's why we disabled editing them in our group.  It was one of the best changes we made, IMO.

Members can send a follow-up reply, hours or days later, which some do when the need arises.  A newly-composed follow-up reply goes over much better than a frequently re-hashed version of an old reply.

Andy