moderated Re: Removing Answers from Multiple Choice Poll Changes Answers #bug

Malcolm Austen

It seems to me that there is a simple(?) answer to this - it should not be possible to edit a poll once polling has begun!

Malcolm.

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 05:18:08 +0100, Joanie <joanie.m.nightingale@...> wrote:

Here's how you replicate the problem

  1. Create a Multiple choice poll with 4 choices (choice 1, choice 2,  choice 3 and choice 4) and set the "multiple choices" option and save the poll.
  2. View the Poll in Messages or through the email message sent to you
  3. Select choices 2 and 4 and press Vote
  4. Click "Back to Vote" to see your votes (choices 2 and 4 are selected)
  5. Click the "More" option on the poll message and select "Edit Poll"
  6. Remove choice 2 by clicking the X to the right of choice 2 and click "Update Poll"
  7. View the Poll in Messages or through the email message sent to you
  8. Note that you now see choice 1, choice 3 and choice 4 which is correct
    1. only choice 3 is selected and 4 has been unselected.
    2. I would expect to see only choice 4 selected.
 It appears the choices are saved without regard to the choice label or text.