moderated Re: Expire invitations after 14 days #suggestion

Jeremy H

While having invites last, unexpired, for ever is not desirable, having them expire after only 24 hours goes far too far to the other extreme. As others have said, many people - not just the less tech inclined - do not look at, or respond to e-mails every day - and it is unreasonable to expect them to do so. Nor is an invitation to join a group the sort of thing necessarily calling for an instant response.

So I would regard 14 days as a minimum, before they expire. And when they do, I would suggest that their status be changed to expired (or something like it).

Nor I do not think there should any subsequent automatic deletion (or at lest, not for years); rather they should stay (and able to be resent) until manually cleaned up (and a deletion tool to assist this, based on status and time, would be very useful),

Jeremy

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 09:53 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hi All,

I've made the following changes:

- We no longer will delete invites after 14 days.
- Invite links will expire 24 hours after the invite has been sent. That means clicking the link or replying to the invite email will no longer work, and you'll get an error message instead.