moderated Re: Expire invitations after 14 days #suggestion

Duane

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 03:19 AM, Malcolm Austen wrote:
I'd like to question the logic in the 24 hour expiry setting
I believe this is related to another problem that some folks have seen.  If the invitation is forwarded or posted, anyone clicking the link has access to the invitees account.  IIRC, there was a similar problem with the links in the 'resume' email when removed for spam.  In that case, the expiration was changed to 7 days to allow time to be used.  My preference would be 3 days maximum on both before expiring to minimize the time for possible problems, but because of each person's email checking habits, I'm not sure what the optimum time would be.  Whatever time is used, it will be a compromise between making it easy for the link to be used and the security of the account.