moderated Re: Expire invitations after 14 days #suggestion

Malcolm Austen

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 21:53:17 +0100, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I've made the following changes:

- We no longer will delete invites after 14 days.
- Invite links will expire 24 hours after the invite has been sent. That means clicking the link or replying to the invite email will no longer work, and you'll get an error message instead.

I'd like to question the logic in the 24 hour expiry setting Mark. In my experience not everyone reads their email daily. I would suggest that one, maybe even two, weeks is a better figure for expiring the invitation. That allows time for someone to see the invitation some days later, query it's validity, and then still accept without a repeat being sent out.

Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen - email: malcolm.austen@...