moderated Re: Log member change of display name when done in the account #suggestion

Easy peasy. Both  an account display-name change and and individual group display-name change would be logged. Currently only the latter are logged. That’s the problem. If the member’s account display-name changed were also logged, it wouldn’t leave group mods in the dark and left to find out the change by accident when looking in the group activity log.

On Apr 12, 2021, at 7:57 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 09:46 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
by seeing some other action the member did in the group activity log and noticing that suddenly their name is out of synch with our policy
Since a person can have a different Display Name for each group, in addition to the one for the account, how would you know what to log?  Maybe if the change in account name resulted in a name change on the group there could be a way to keep track, but it sounds complicated to me.