moderated Re: #suggestion feature request to strip out duplicate attachments in replies #suggestion

KWKloeber

Mark

Re-reading the exchange let me clarify that I am usually curt and to the point - I meant nothing derogatory in the original comment.  Rather you HAVE to make money.  Hopefully LOTS of money so the platform can continue ..... nothing nefarious or diabolical about that.  So I would hope that, while improving the service, you are concentrating on those things to cement the future of the platform.

NOW that said, my experience is that there is oftentimes a wide, gray, line between whether it's better to "optimize and improve" existing services/features than invent new features.  Just my personal leaning is that I wish that (as much?, more?) effort was put into fixing (ok, improving/optimizing) searching, some image issues (what else is on the list of existing features?) that I "miss" operating as well as or efficiently as possible, versus new features that I don't "miss" because I've never had them (such as the app development.)
Just my .02 here.
Thx for all the hard work you do.

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 07:32 PM, KWKloeber wrote:
Sure, naturally it would depend on how many of a group's members repost pics and how much storage gets "wasted" by that but at some point groups out of storage need to either laboriously go thru and delete, or moderate every msg, or ante up to the level -- which adds to the bottom line.
Not just for reposting -- It would be handy to be able to do that even when composing a new msg, and not need to upload a new image.  Yah one can always throw in a link to a pic, but it ain't the same as having it display in-line on the msg.

Thx
-k

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 06:02 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 8:01 AM KWKloeber via groups.io <KWKloeber=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Realizing of course that this would negatively impact the business model bottom line I’m not all that hopeful!

Were I just such a diabolical business man. Sorry to disappoint.

The truth is that this would be a pretty extensive change to the code base, with the associated risk. I'd like to do it, sure. But I can't see how this would be higher priority right now than the other things I'm working on, like bug fixes, the app, and new features.

Actually, I suspect it wouldn't affect the bottom line much one way or the other.