moderated Re: #suggestion feature request to strip out duplicate attachments in replies #suggestion

KWKloeber

Sure, naturally it would depend on how many of a group's members repost pics and how much storage gets "wasted" by that but at some point groups out of storage need to either laboriously go thru and delete, or moderate every msg, or ante up to the level -- which adds to the bottom line.
Not just for reposting -- It would be handy to be able to do that even when composing a new msg, and not need to upload a new image.  Yah one can always throw in a link to a pic, but it ain't the same as having it display in-line on the msg.

Thx
-k

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 06:02 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 8:01 AM KWKloeber via groups.io <KWKloeber=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Realizing of course that this would negatively impact the business model bottom line I’m not all that hopeful!

Were I just such a diabolical business man. Sorry to disappoint.

The truth is that this would be a pretty extensive change to the code base, with the associated risk. I'd like to do it, sure. But I can't see how this would be higher priority right now than the other things I'm working on, like bug fixes, the app, and new features.

Actually, I suspect it wouldn't affect the bottom line much one way or the other.